Use case: Circuit planning &
inventory for fiber networks, typical integration
with third party outside plant applications (e.g. GIS)
General Inventory Principles
fiber-related information is a part of the network inventory that
- active and passive equipment
- logical layers
- used and free capacity
Aktavara offers x:akta for planning and operations
based on dynamic network inventory.
The inventory information is a base for network operations activities
and is automatically updated as a natural part of business processes.
Example of x:akta ETT Customer Circuit
- The fiber is recorded, it is also part of a cable, between two
- fiber ID, attenuation etc. can be recorded together with the
- fibers can be recorded as single fibers or fiber pairs.
- All network layers including their relations are recorded, all
the way from the physical cable or fiber up to the top logical
layer (e.g. IP, VCC...)
- All relations are stored and can be easily browsed with x:akta tools
x:akta ETT with Cable info - suitable for planning, operations and maintenance
Single fiber is described as a path terminating in ODF ports,
using cables between the sites.
The "end-to-end" fiber is recorded as a path nesting
the cables it uses on the way. Also the cable position can be recorded.
Each cable is an object containing all the positions. It is easy
to see how many are in use and used by what.
x:akta manages all services and inside plant
- Connectivity on all logical layers
- Site details
- Physical patching on the site
Outside plant application manages
- Ducts, manholes, pipes
The ports of the ODF are the common reference:
- x:akta records single fibers as paths from ODF
port to ODF port
- The physical location of the fiber in the cable system, including
splicing details is available in the outside plant application
Every network operator has some kind of inventory system, or several. Most of them are dependent on several unsynchronized sources,
and in different formats.
Aktavara x:akta ETT is the only product that
provides dynamic inventory management - efficiently.