Adapt the software to your needs, not the other way around
The x:akta software suite is modular. All the components are built on a common platform, underlying core for all x:akta users, as well as for those who only work directly with the x:akta business application plugins.
Automated solutions tailored for your business
Modular architecture provides you with unique advantages over your competitors. x:akta web services make light, configurable applications readily available to a broad range of user categories.
You pay only for the components you need and they will be delivered pre-configured to fit your business processes. Additional components can be added at any time.
Core Product Components
The core x:akta product components are:
Sophisticated user interface
- The main interface for network planning, inventory and service management
- Intuitive, standard Windows GUI
- Powerful, dynamic query tool with data management option
- Floor plans and front elevations for engineering
- Network diagrams for connectivity
- Automated routing, diversion and re-parenting
- Process-oriented planning functionality
Tool for managing the database and it's users
- Administers your x:akta suite installation from one GUI
- Manages your users and their access rights
- Manages your database
- Imports new data models from external XML templates
Optional Product Modules
Process management and workflow integration application
- Integrates x:akta with your workflow system
- Organizes and guides planning and provisioning work in an efficient and reliable manner
- Intuitive interface for end users and project managers, including an advanced filter function
- Projects can be imported from an external system, collect work data and generate output, internally and externally
- Provides a view of the completed and pending processes per assigned user or generally (with reports).
- Improves project management significantly.
- Enables and drives x:akta Dynamic Inventory
Communicator is a set of tools for data import and export purposes in daily business processes;
primarily auto-discovery/network reconciliation but also for initial data build.
It is delivered as a pre-configured runtime module for automated processes, so Console end users do not directly interact with it, but rather see the results of the automated processes in the form of validated inventory data in the Console or in reports.
- Pre-configured, supported software.
- Adaptable to almost any type of data (XML,XLS,DB,WS,CSV, etc)
- Extensive Logging (HTML reports, files, database)
- Mail support
- Process Oriented
- Data loading
E.g. Reconciliation of External Network Elements between NMS
- Delta data generation
- x:akta update with the delta data
- Multi-vendor, multi technology
- Future proof for new technologies
- All NMS integrations made using the same concepts
- Faster to reconcile new NMS
- Low maintenance
- Independent of data source type
- Data is automatically consolidated and enriched when reconciled with the inventory
- Each process may be logged to easily track problems.
- Possibility to extend in future with e.g. Service activation functionality
x:akta Excel Reporter
Generates Microsoft Excel files dynamically based on criteria specified by an administrator.
- End users can run these reports.
- Generate reports automatically from x:akta data to Excel
- Advanced formatting of data possible
- Multiple work books support
x:akta Graphical Reporter
Generates Visio drawings dynamically based on criteria specified by an administrator.
- End users can run these reports.
- Reports can be done with optional elements displayed in them (e.g. ODF or no ODF).
- The Graphical reports can be updated. New, deleted or changed objects can be shown in different colors
x:akta IP Manager
- Configurable IP allocation strategies on node hierarchies
- Verification on node hierarchies
- Automated IP address assignment on multiple node types
- Multiple types of network elements can be managed by one IP Manager schema
- Automated IP address assignment on children node instances
x:akta is designed for flexibility. The vast majority of functional enhancements and changes in behavior are simply achieved via system configuration. Customers and partners have access to a fully featured design environment.
x:akta offers a complete development enabled ecosystem; from fine grained client layer extensibility to a complete set of web services and server extensibility.
Full featured environment for system design
- Tailors the system design to fit your company's needs.
- Easily modifies the data model with no programming involved.
- Configures your equipment views the way you want to see them.
- Creates templates that can be reused across deployments.
- Sets up rules for object hierarchies, status, connectivity, routing etc.
- Leverages senior users domain knowledge rapidly.
Development tools for creating specialized x:akta applications and integrations
The x:akta SDK represents the collection of API's, services, tools, components, samples and related documentation dedicated for creating integrations, functional customizations and extensions.
- Integrate your solutions seamlessly with x:akta.
- Create tailored and personalized end-user interfaces.
- Get up to speed quickly with samples and documentation.
- Use the x:akta SDK, combined with standard software development tools to build task-specific applications.
- Use x:akta Web Services to integrate with the Dynamic Inventory across platforms and programming languages.